**UPDATE** 13TH MARCH 2020
We have today taken the decision to limit visits to the home to essential visits only. We have not taken this decision lightly, and appreciate that this may cause some discomfort, but feel it is a necessary step to take. If there is a situation that requires an essential visit, we would ask that you discuss this with the Home Manager, prior to visiting.
This step has been taken to minimise the risks to our vulnerable residents, and for the health and wellbeing of our staff.
If you have any queries, please contact reception.
We are following the updated guidance on the GOV.UK website on a daily basis to take all reasonable precautions to ensure that illness and infection do not spread in the home.
Please be assured we are treating this matter with the utmost seriousness and have a comprehensive contingency plan in place which will be reviewed regularly in line with updated guidance.
Staff have been informed how they can help prevent the spread of infection.
Visits to the home should be essential only. You will be asked a couple of standard questions on arrival. Please see reception or a member of staff before entering the home.
We request that you DO NOT make an even essential visit to the home if you have:
• Been in contact with anyone who has or is suspected of having coronavirus symptoms.
• Have any of the symptoms; cough, difficulty in breathing, or high temperature. These infections can cause more severe symptoms in people in poor health and older people.
• Have a new, continuous cough
Before visiting and whilst on site, please note the following:
• Please wash your hands thoroughly before you visit, and regularly throughout your visit. Please make sure you wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds, using either hot water and soap or sanitiser gel available.
• Coughs and sneezes happen for many other reasons, but please make sure you always have a tissue on you so that you can catch an unexpected cough or sneeze. Please then immediately dispose of the tissue in the bin and wash your hands.
We have taken the decision to limit visits from the local community and have cancelled external entertainment for the present time. Staff will do all they can to ensure that life at Springfield remains as comfortable and sociable as possible.
We will still ensure that vital medical visits are made.
This guidance will be updated to reflect the latest information and advice regarding any additional steps we are taking to protect residents and staff as and when required. For information about the coronavirus itself, please visit either the GOV.UK or NHS websites.